Wednesday, October 24, 2007

iFLOOR.com - 6' Spice - Engineered Strand Woven - Ming Dynasty Bamboo - Bamboo Flooring

iFLOOR.com - 6' Spice - Engineered Strand Woven - Ming Dynasty Bamboo - Bamboo Flooring

I think our customer Marcus Sorensen said it all in his review:

hard!

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:21 am
Reviewer: Marcus Sorensen (report this)

Holy cow this stuff is hard!! I just ordered a sample so far but it's amazing, I'll end up buying it. I have about ten samples of various bamboo (springwood, lotus land, and Ming, both vertical and horizontal, and this one strand woven) from iFloor, and tested them by dropping a pool ball from 5 feet since there will be a pool table in this room. Though all of the bamboo was harder than the red oak sample I got (via fingernail test), the pool ball left a noticeable dimple in all of the bamboo except for this one. In fact, it's so hard I was wondering if I was going to chip the ball! The red oak I was able to make a fingernail mark in rather easily, the various other bamboos I could with a little effort, but this one bent my fingernail and didn't leave a trace.

Also, it's grain looks a little more like normal hardwood, random and thicker than the other bamboos. I'll have to post another review once I get it installed.

No comments: